Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Do You Like Green Eggs & Ham?"

If you haven't already, check out this play - it's really, really cute!
Last night Dominic and I had the opportunity to go see this really fun and cute play that is now playing on the Scera stage. My cousin, Chris, was invited to play a small - but important - role in Seussical the Musical! He plays Yertle the Turtle and does a FANTASTIC job! At the last minute, the original person slated to play Yertle was unable to stay in the play. Knowing Chris from work (Juice & Java) and knowing how incredibly talented and what a WONDERFUL voice he has, the director approached him and asked if he would fill the role. Chris was very excited about this opportunity as he has wanted to get back into theater and hasn't really had the opportunity since high school with a few shows here and there. Knowing that Chris was in this play and knowing that Dominic would enjoy it, I had planned to take him but last night at 6:49 PM - I got a phone call from my aunt (Chris' mom) saying that he had 5 FREE tickets to last night's show! Well, how could I pass up FREE??? With the show starting at 7:30 PM and me being in Spanish Fork at 6:49 PM (already in my "comfy" clothes) I jumped in the car and raced to Orem and met Amber, Skyler and Cynthia. It was well worth it! Dominic LOVED it and had the biggest smile on his face the entire time, it was really cute to see his reaction to a "live movie" and to see his expression as the staged changed and turn to life during each of the different acts. Every member of the cast was awesome and played their roles to their fullest potential. Chris of course was FABULOUS - he belongs on the stage - he always has and always will. He is SOOO talented and has such an amazing gift. I can't wait to see what he does next! Thank you, Chris, for this fun, fun, fun experience and for letting us witness, once again, just how talented you really are!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

fun! It sounds like you had a great time. I can't believe how grown up dominic is getting!

Scott and Megan said...

I love the SCERA! You are so darn cultured!