Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween 2009

Halloween this year was spent with lots of family. We got to carve pumpkins and trick-or-treat with our fun cousins! It was a GREAT day!! Here are some pics from the day/night:
So during the day, Dominic, Autumn, River and Skyler (not seen ;() sitting around the kitchen table waiting to make their creations! Looks at Dominic and Autumn, I love the expressions are their faces!!! LOL! Too cute!
My little toothless boy diggin' out all the slimey seeds!!

Did I get them all???

"...I can do it mom, I can do it"

Making a "true" Jack-O-Lantern face! Still carving away... The finished product. Dominic's "real" Jack!!! He also reminded me of the fact that he could really do it...use a knife by himself and we didn't need to "worry" about it from now on!! "...see I told you I could do it ALL by myself" and I quickly reminded him that I would decide when he can use a knife!!! Someone is gettin' a little too big for their britches!!! and during the night...we became our "real" characters!! :) Dominic was, of course a...NINJA!! I asked him what exactly a Ninja wore and he said "...all white with sword and a mask". Of course my immediate reaction was "...are you sure?" as I was thinking Ninja's wore black. Hoping to change his mind about the color of the costume because I just knew people would say "oh look that kid is dressed like Elizabeth Smart!" I tried to convince him that "real" Ninja's wore BLACK! Well, he really wasn't having any of that - he "just knew" that Ninja's wore WHITE and that was that. Since I hadn't found a costume for him to wear yet (see earlier "horrible mom" post); when my Aunt went to Party Land in search of costumes for her grandchildren I asked her to take a look around. Well, there it was, on the shelf; a WHITE Ninja suit!!! Who knew!?! I again asked him if he was sure and of course he was. So, we bought the WHITE suit and called it good (oh and Liz for short!!) He looked absolutely A-dorable in it and was happy as a little WHITE clam!!! All was well!!! His little cousins; Skyler and River were Ninja's as well (...black ones) and they had a GREAT time! 3 Ninja's Strike Back!!
Such a fun day/night!! We went trick-or-treating and then went to my Aunt's house for a big pot-o chilli (so flippin' good). I too decided to join the fun and dress up. My cousin AmberLee and her husband Kyle were a Clown and a Joker and I wanted to be a Joker to so my amazinly talented Aunt Cynthia made me a Joker costume in about...a DAY!!! It was so fun! I didn't ever get a picture of the three of us, on my camera, so I don't have pictures of that but we were so stinkin' cute, trust me!!!!
The Joker and her protector Ninja...Dominic!!!
Oh and I may or may not have dressed up during the day...at work...as a...

White Rabbit!!!! Hee, hee!!! This picture is really tiny, Sorry! But trust me, there whatn' nuttin' tiny about me or that costume!!

So all in all, great day, great night, great candy finds, AMAZING food, WONDERFUL family - Excellent...tradition!! I hope all of you had just as great of time. TTFN!

No comments: