Friday, October 10, 2008

Off with the LONG...on with the SHORT!!

It's been a couple of weeks now, but I finally...CUT MY HAIR!!! I have wanted a change for awhile and decided to go for it and cut off my long, beautiful, sultry locks!! ;) OMG, I kill myself - I am pretty sure none of those words belong in the same sentence when describing anything about me! Anyway, here are a few pics from that fateful night:

Getting started! This is sort of a "before" pic - we had already started when I remembered to have someone take my "before and after's". My cute cousin AmberLee Marie Jacksonville-Florida is a cosmetologist and she was kind enough to come to my house for the cutting. How awesome is that??? Your hair-dresser comes to you!?!

Getting nervous! Amber working like a dog through my massive amounts of hair. Why is it everything I own is massive??? Oh that's right I do have small things - they are inside - non visible to anyone - ya know the important things; veins, bones, uterus etc. but by all means let's make everything on the outside GI-normous!!
Amber still combing through and getting rid of the ones that "didn't make the cut" :) It started to look like a bunch of little snakes curling up around the floor. By this time I think I was more than a bit nervous :(
And last but not least...the "after" pic. I know I am wearing a black cape and my hair is on the black side so it's hard to tell but if you look close you will see that my hair pretty much stops and lays right on the top of old smokey! Right on the top of my shoulders. Kind of a big difference.
So there you go, I did it! It is a big change and I am getting used to it and trying to figure out how to "do" it so I will have to post more pics when it is really "done" up the way it is supposed to look. Thanks Amz for doing such an awesome job and for always being at my "beck and call"! :) Speaking of which - my roots are out of control!!

5 comments:

Desirae said...

Yayyyy Wendy you cut your hair!!!! I love it! even though I dont get the full effect because of the cape it is simply beautiful! love you and miss you lots!

Tavia said...

Lookin' HOT! I want to see the other pics without the black cape, too!

Ashley said...

Super sexy Wendy!! I love it and I have said over and over how much I love the jet black color on you. You look fantastic.

Scott and Megan said...

see what are you talkin' about it looks great! I like it and wish I had the balls to do something with my hair. And yes Koda is HUGE....yet you are right, only second to the big f-er who is up to 148 lbs.!!!! oh my starry-eyed surprise!:)

Familia Peña said...

CUTE!!!!! I need to have Amber come and fix my hair, the last ninny that cut it, butchered it.


Love ya
Darci