Friday, January 18, 2008

This year in review...

Since I just started this whole blogging thing 4 days ago, I didn't have a chance throughout the year to share some of my favorite photos/activities from 2007. So, I thought I would give you all a brief review of some fun things we did. I wish I could post every single thing/detail but I am pretty sure "Blogger" or "Google" would kick me out of the game - and I just got started. So here we go, it's mostly pics of Dominic because he is so flippin' adorable but also let's be honest, he IS the highlight of the year - and oh that's right - our lives!!

Ok, these are not necessarily in order but oh well.

We had our family reunion this year, held in Utah. This is not the best picture to capture those good times or all of the people that were there, but I can not find any others - which makes me sad because I'm not sure what happened to all of the great shots I got. Regardless, we had so much fun laughing, talking, crying and just being together as a family! I have the best family in the whole world!
"Open, open, open." We went to Lagoon again this year and it was really fun. This is Dominic waiting, ever so patiently, for his turn on the kiddie Tidal-Wave ride. Dominic is at the age where now when we go to Lagoon, or any amusement park, we spend the entire time in the kiddie section! Dominic had so much fun, and honestly it was more fun watching him then riding the "Fire Dragon" 25 times in a row!! For those of you that don't know, Lagoon has made most of their new rides so that parents can go on the ride with their child so they are not as nervous. This worked out quite well for most of the rides but when we went to go on the kiddie dragon ride I whispered, or so I thought, to Mario "gosh, I hope my big butt fits in those seats." Well as we approach the ride to get in, I went first and was going to lift Dominic in after me. Well, in just the biggest voice he could muster and just as everyone else was all settled in, my wonderful little boy says "mom, is your big butt going to fit!" Yep, out of the mouths of babes!!!

This is the kiddie Tidal-Wave ride. It was really fun! This is a picture of Dominic at Orem Community Hospital in his little surgical gown before he went in to surgery. Unfortunately Dominic had to have a couple of minor surgeries this year - NOT good times! There were no after photos taken! :) Gosh, he looks so little to me!

For the past couple of years we have gone to the pumpkin patch in Springville to pick pumpkins right off of the vine. We really had a good time and got some good ones! Carving up Pumpkin-Head-Harvey!! Dominic really did most of the work, I started the cuts for him but he finished them and got out the majority of the seeds. Good job baby!! "I really like this guy mom" My cute little (well not so little anymore) cousin Greg came home off of his LDS mission in August. He served in London and he still has the greatest little accent ever! Welcome home Chap!

Dominic & Greg for the first time in 2 years. Dominic has sure grown since Greg left - they are practically the same height! (j/k greg)
This photo is just plain adorable. We were just sitting around and Dominic said "mom, take one of me" So I did & I love it! Gosh he looks so big to me!
For those of you that do not know, my awesome brother - my only brother, Ron (next to my mom on the far left) is a Producer for Fox News Channel (no, NOT Fox 13 - the other guys :)). He gets to travel all over and has the opportunity to rub elbows (and then some) with amazing people such as President Bush, Jay Leno, Oprah, Dr. Phil and the list goes on and on including Paris Hilton where he was in People magazine standing behind her (that's really the only reason I mentioned her). He has covered amazing courtroom trials, been involved in several high profile cases, been to amazing places all over the world and covered history making events such as 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, Scott Peterson trial and Elizabeth Smart just to name a few. Let's also not forget American Idol - I mean that is huge. I was able to speak to Chris Daughtry on the telephone due to his connections and Paula Abdul is really that "interesting" in person!! Some of the amazing places he has traveled include Jerusalem, Equador, Tokyo once again just to name a few. I almost hate to name people, places and things because I know I am leaving out some huge things he has done but oh well, if this is all he had done that would be amazing enough! Well, long story short (too late) he was here in Utah covering the Crandal Canyon Mine disaster and we had the chance to join him on site while he covered this terrible event. It was amazing to see him at work, he is so talented and I am proud to be his sister! Wow, that was long is this really Ron's blog??? :)
We had several visits from family this year and we were able to celebrate birthdays of a couple of visiting family members. First, my cute little Tori - she is an official teenager!!! (insert screaming) She turned 13 this year and we were excited she was here to celebrate!
This is my Aunty Pat! She was visiting at the time of her birthday and we got to celebrate with her. She was turning...(well, we don't really talk about it once it gets that high) j/k Aunt Pat! She wanted to have a princess party, and her wonderful children granted that wish - it was really cute & fun! We had several other family members come to visit and I wish I had remembered to bring the camera to capture those times - but memories always have film so it's ok!
We went to Hogle Zoo, a couple of times, this year and had a great time - boy was it hot though! In case you were wondering, the Elephant is behind me not vice-versa!! This is one of the Zoo trips, we went with Ricky and Tori (who was visiting from Cali) and my friends Brad & Lissa and their family. Once again, very fun and very HOT!!
Insert photo of Tom the Turkey!
I had to work on Thanksgiving and so it was kind of a blur. I didn't have to bake one single item of food thanks to my amazing family. I basically showed up, ate myself sick and went home!! Like I said kind of a blur.
Cooling things down a bit. This is Lindsay, Matthew & Dominic building a snowman outside our house during their visit over the holidays. How cute are they??
Boy did the big SC come to town this year!!! You can't really see the presents because Tina found these really cool, ginormous stockings at All-a-Dollar and she gave one to each of the kids - Santa stufted them to the absolute brim and the kids loved them so much, what a great idea she had!!

5 comments:

Scott and Megan said...

um I feel as though I don't even know you anymore....these photos bring it all home and they make me miss you TONS AND TONS! How dare Dominic grow up! You are hysterical the comment about the elephant being behind you...damn near wet myself with diet coke out my nose. Oh wend, I feel as though we are living right next to each other with this blog..i'm so glad I MISS YOU more than you will know! my girl, my monkey, my bff!

Todd and Ashley said...

Oh i love that you filled us all in on your last years fun events. Your family is so cute and little Dominique is growing into a cute little boy. I love you and hope all is going well with the job hunting. We missed you at scrapbooking friday night at Janells. We will have to all get together and do dinner with you and Megan and all us ladies here.

Kristina Curtis said...

yea! you have joined the blogger club!! it is so much fun. you are going to love it.

Familia Peña said...

WOW!!!! I don't feel so bad now about posting a bunch of pics. Of course, mine are all usually my kids in some sport. I look forward to more!!!!

Darci

Dottie Stay said...

What a fun fun year! Dominic is so cute, and it getting so grown up! Come and work at my Dr's office! That would be the biggest blast ever! I mean, if you can't have Megan I am the next best thing!